Quick Question

I’m a single dad with custody.

I’m considering moving to another state.

His mother has certain visitation rights, however she hasn’t excercised them in over two years.

I live in North Carolina. By law, I`m required to inform his mother of his address. But she has disappeared off the face of the earth lately.

What kind of legal action can I use to cover myself. I cannot notify her if I don’t know her whereabouts.