She’s YOUR girlfriend but you don’t know if you are the father?

She’s YOUR girlfriend but you don’t know if you are the father? Also, the court would not have entered a child support and garnishment order without prior notice to you so where were you when the support hearing came up.

The AG is involved: a) because AG’s typically are responsible for enforcing support orders when the mother has little money; or b) because the mother went on public assistance and now that they know where you are, they want their money back. If the AG is really holding the arrearage over your head, my GUESS is b.

Leaving the country without paying the support just p$ssed people off at the courthouse because you made it look like you could care less about judicial orders. Now that they have your attention, the AG wants to give you a civics lesson.

You need to sit down with that attorney of yours pronto and go over all the possible scenarios. Next time, you need to be a bit more aware of what is going on around you.

As for the other members of this “club” I hope this case serves as a wake up call. The stakes in these cases are high – pay attention to what is going on, DON’T EVER MISS COURT DATES and comply with all court orders unless it is absolutely impossible (contempt requires wilful disobedience and can be avoided if you have a decent excuse (note that decent is a relative term)) no matter how onerous.

This is something you should have taken care of

This is something you should have taken care of from the beginning. Only one state has ruled to set aside a child support order because the man was not the bio dad, and that is Maryland. But, it is being appealed to the US Supreme Court.

Once a child support order begins, you must pay it. As for setting aside what is owed, that is up to the judge, But, if she was ever on welfare, he is not allowed do that. Also, the state gets matching funds for enforcing child support, so a judge could say that it does not matter what the mother wants, the money belongs to the child.

Plus, there have been some recent rulings that when the mother does not go after the child support, when a child reaches age 18, he/she can sue for the 18 years worth. So, even with a decision now in your favor, it could be overturned in six years by the child.

Texas Child Support Question

child supportMy girlfriend had put child support on me for our two year old daughter. I am not sure if I am the father but I had signed on the birth certificate because at that time I was the only one with her while she was going for delivery and she had no one else. I am from a different country. The court had apparently came to a conclusion of setting an amount and garnishing my wages.

I was not involved in any of this. I promptly quit the job and left back to my country. When I reapplied for my visa, I was refused saying that I owed over 12,000$ from bad child support. I hired a lawyer to take care of that so that I can come back to the states and take care of some unfinished business. The mother and me came to an agreement of removing the bad child support, so that I can come back, but the AG is not agreeing to the agreement.

We are going to a judge shortly. My question is can the AG do this. The second thing that the mother and me came to an agreement is that if the judge rules against me, she would try to take away my parental rights so that there would not be any child support.

Will that remove the bad child support. Please Help. Thanks